Aggregate Safety Upgrade
The Aggregate Industries production facility at Hulland Ward in Derbyshire manufactures pre-cast concrete products including kerbs, slabs, and edgings. The process is automated but requires a large amount of operator interaction.
Core Control Solutions were awarded a project to create the software solution for a new safety system which Aggregate Industries were implementing to safe guard the plant operators and maintenance personnel. The scope of works included;
- Client support during the design phase of the project
- Detailed Functional Design Specification
- Guardlogix PLC software development
- HMI /SCADA development
- Integration between the new safety PLC and the existing ControlLogix PLC
- On site installation and commissioning of the software
- Fully documented Site Acceptance Test
This was a challenging project due to time constraints as the machine could only be shut down for a short time to allow the safety system upgrade to take place.
Several of our engineers also undertook additional GuardLogix training prior to the project commencing, giving us an in depth understanding of PLC safety systems.